One day course
It has become clear that we are moving to a much more visual culture and it has become imperative for charities to be able to ’tell their stories’ through visual images. Photography is one of the most accessible media for creating this type of impact.
Whilst most people have a camera on their mobile phone, the vast majority of pictures taken are not of a quality to be used by charities in their marketing and promotion.
Who should sign up?
For anyone. Being able to communicate and tell your story visually through social media and various other communication channels is essential. While the need for professional images is still required in some cases, you also have to be able to take good images yourself. This course will give you the techniques, to take quality images so you do not miss those candid moments.
What will I get out of it?
This one day course will examine the concept of visual storytelling and will be highly interactive with plenty of opportunities to take and edit your own photographs using your smartphone.
What the course covers
- Visual storytelling and its role in charity promotion, marketing and fundraising
- Camera kit for smartphones – clip-on lenses, case protection, remote shutter release, mini-tripods etc
- Choosing the subject and rules of composition – dos and don’ts for good pictures ‘in camera’
- Different camera apps for your phone
- Picture editing – how to improve your pictures once you have taken them
- Smartphone picture editing apps
- Using your pictures on social media: one-line story-telling, hashtags and more
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions