Two day course
This course will set you on your way. Designed for team leaders who have been managing for some time, it will give you two days to step back, assess your performance – and how you can improve, benefiting your own career as well as your organisation.
You’ll identify your management style and your strengths and weaknesses, and apply good support and supervision practices, leaving with lots of new ideas and insights.
Who should sign up?
Managers who have been supervising for some time and/or managers who want more depth than just the basics.
What will I get out of it?
- Explore different management and communication approaches and the importance of flexibility, so you can get the best out of your staff.
- Make the most of appraisals – clarify key steps to implement before, during and after.
- Support your staff well – recognise the importance of performance management, identify ways to tackle poor performance, and identify options for training and developing staff.
- Examine your role in motivating/demotivating staff and identify considerations for dealing with conflict management.
- List the benefits of giving feedback, identify how to plan for giving feedback and appreciate the reasons for people being resistant to giving/receiving feedback.
- Make the best use of your time by recognising the need for delegation and how to delegate effectively.
- Reflect on your strengths and weaknesses as a manager and identify your next steps.
What will it cover?
- Key elements of a manager’s role
- Strengths and weaknesses as a manager
- Management and communication styles and the importance of flexibility
- Guidelines for structuring sessions such as supervisions and appraisals
- Understanding behaviour
- The importance of performance management
- Framework for setting objectives and targets for teams and individuals
- Training and development of staff
- Dealing with poor performance
- Giving effective feedback
- Conflict management and resolution
- Effective delegation
- Active listening
- Motivating staff
- Action planning
Trainer: Mike Phillips
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions