One day course
This date is no longer available. Go back to browsing our other courses.
Being an effective personal assistant requires finding a good balance between multiple roles: admin and time management, forward planning, managing upwards and downwards, gate keeping and knowing the right time to say ‘no’.
On this one-day course, you’ll learn how to strengthen your role, strike the right balance and how to make sure you’re indispensable to the people you support.
You’ll also develop your relationship management, networking and people skills. You’ll gain in confidence, assertiveness and practical skills that will support you in your job as a PA and for the rest of your career.
Who should sign up?
This course is designed for PAs who have worked in a supporting role for six months or more, whether with a Chief Executive or another senior management team member.
What will I get out of it?
- Get an insight on how to manage your own Chief Executive, protecting them from time wasters, unimportant issues and even from their own weaknesses.
- Learn management of time, diaries, correspondence and meetings.
- Find out how to become the perfect PA: vital to those you support, yet all but invisible.
- Learn delegation, relationship building and confidence among senior management staff from your own and other organisations.
- Take time to share your own worries and complaints in a confidential environment.
- Uniquely, you’ll learn among other senior PAs, sharing experiences and learning from each other.
What will it cover?
- Adding value to your partnership with your Chief Executive
- Managing upwards, and delegating management across the organisation
- Communications processes, including different types of communication
- Assertiveness and self-confidence
- Dealing with difficult situations and people
- Meetings management
- Understanding and making the most of networking
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions