One day course
This course covers everything you need to know to research, apply for, convince and secure those big-money donations that can make a substantial difference to your organisation.
You’ll learn how to structure a major gift strategy, as well how to design a ‘friends’ scheme to nurture and involve those who have made a major donation or who might do in the future.
Major gifts are not about luck: you need to make the magic happen.
Who should sign up?
This course is for those new to major donor fundraising.
What will I get out of it?
- Learn how to research possible large donors, and then strike relationships with them.
- Find out how to draw up a major donor strategy, and integrate it with your organisation’s other major priorities.
- Identify the people you need, and the skills they need to keep the strategy on track; and discover what investment and resources you’ll need to generate major gifts effectively.
- You’ll learn techniques to make major donors feel a valued part of your organisation, not just a cash cow to be milked.
- Draw up your own criteria for asking for and receiving major gifts, including avoiding controversies and lowering your risk.
- Find out how you need to demonstrate major donors’ money is being used effectively and wisely.
What will it cover?
- Assessing your organisation’s readiness for major gift fundraising
- Human and non-human resources – getting the balance right
- The four phases of major gift fundraising
- Setting financial and non-financial targets
- Valuing, recognition and stewardship
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions