Half-day online course
Online courses take place via Zoom and include a brief refreshment break.
Is it really possible to be emotional and intelligent at the same time and why does that matter? In the rapidly evolving landscape and a future seemingly dominated by “intelligence” of the artificial kind it is natural to wonder even worry about implications for our workplaces. The 2023 Work Trend Report from Microsoft indicates that many millions of jobs will be impacted by AI. However, what is undeniable is that many leaders still see Emotional Intelligence, the human ability to understand and manage emotions leading to better communication, empathy, influence, and engagement as pivotal in virtually all interpersonal interactions whether professional or personal
This half-day course introduces you to the key aspects of emotional intelligence, how to develop the ability to recognise, understand and manage one’s own emotions and recognise and respond appropriately to the emotions of others.
Who should sign up?
Anyone and everyone whose role involves or outcomes depend on building and sustaining strong and mutually beneficial interpersonal relationships.
What will I get out of it?
- A better understanding of your own habitual emotional responses
- You’ll learn to identify your emotional triggers, reactions and patterns through self-assessment and reflection exercises
- An opportunity to identify the behaviours that uphold the Interpersonal and Intrapersonal competencies in your own real world experience
- Understanding how your organisational and personal values align with those behaviours
What will it cover?
- What Emotional Intelligence is and why it matters
- The EI Core Competencies (Intra and Interpersonal)
- Assessing your emotional self through assessment
- Getting to know your emotional baseline, identifying your triggers, strengths, weaknesses, values and goals
- Consideration of your own emotion driven behaviour and where change may be needed to be congruent in working with other people