Half day course online
Online courses take place via Zoom and include a brief refreshment break.
This course is part of the Building a Successful Organisation series of courses – find out more about booking all 6 dates here, or click on the dates in the menu to the left of this text for details on each individual course.
Access to traditional sources of income for charities is getting scarcer and more competitive. Every charity should be considering alternative sources of funding both to improve sustainability, increase programme delivery and to reduce grant dependency where possible. What are the alternative sources and are they safe and what are the practical considerations of doing one or more of these?
Who should sign up?
Anyone involved with management, governance, fundraising and strategy development within a charity.
By the end of the course, participants will have:
- Considered the alternative sources of income generation and other sources of support
- Understood the pros and cons of diversifying income, the risks and practicalities of engaging in these new activities
- The risk of having a limited source of funding is now a recognised issue
- Competition for grants and donations is growing
- Funders themselves are increasingly asking what your “Exit” strategy is
- Having more unrestricted income is a common desire
- Diversifying income does require careful thought and planning
- What can be considered/ What are the legal implications?
- How to come up with new ideas?
- Understanding markets and market demand
- Creating deeper engagement with stakeholders
- Different sources of support and funding
- Launching new services
- How to improve the chances of success