One day online course
Online courses take place via Zoom and include a one hour lunch break as well as brief refreshment breaks.
Gifts in wills are predicted to grow dramatically over the next few decades, driven by decisions that people are making now. In this session, we’ll explore who leaves gifts and why, before working through what this means in practice for your organisation. We’ll look at how this knowledge can be translated into compelling legacy messages, and what you should do to ensure that that message is shared widely amongst the people who support you.
Who should sign up?
This course is for anyone who wants to get started with legacy fundraising. You might be new to a legacy fundraising role, or experienced in other areas of fundraising and seeking to add gifts in wills to your portfolio.
What will I get out of it?
- A greater understanding of gifts in wills fundraising
- The confidence to explore this area of fundraising, appropriately
- Practical ideas to take back to your charity
What will it cover?
- The current picture for the gifts in wills marketplace
- Who leaves legacies and why
- What makes good gifts in wills messaging
- How to develop your gifts in wills approach
Digital book (pdf) included in the course price: Legacy and In-memory Fundraising
Trainer: Dr. Claire Routley