Digital book (pdf) included: The Complete Volunteer Management Handbook
Two day online course
Charities are dependent on their volunteers. But how do you ensure you recruit the right ones, with the right skills, and then nurture them so they feel rewarded and stay?
This complete course takes you every step through volunteer management, covering every aspect of the vital skills needed.
You’ll learn not only about recruiting volunteers, but how to manage them, make them feel rewarded and valued, and ensure their work fits into the overall strategic direction of your organisation.
Who should sign up?
Those who are new to involving volunteers and those who want to review and improve their existing work with volunteers, as well as the experienced looking to approach volunteering more strategically.
What will I get out of it?
- Learn how to effectively recruit and select a diverse team of volunteers that meets your organisation’s needs.
- Develop best practice in volunteer management, learning from case studies and examples from across the charity sector.
- Learn that volunteers do need to be managed, and the techniques for positive management and dealing with problems.
- Create your own action plan during the course to put into action when you get back into the office.
- Think about how volunteers fit into your own organisation’s strategy and culture.
What will it cover?
- Identifying your organisation’s needs and the appropriate diverse volunteers required
- Planning and carrying out effective recruitment and selection
- Volunteer motivation
- Inducting volunteers
- Managing and supervising volunteers
- Assertive management
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Retaining, valuing, training and developing volunteers
- Legal considerations
- Action planning
What people said about this course:
“Excellent training that’s given me the confidence to go back and make changes.”
Jan McKenzie, London Lesbian & Gay Switchboard