Online course – 10.00 – 13.00
In this 2.5-hour webinar in collaboration with Ethical Property Foundation (EPF), you will learn how to work together to make well thought out property decisions to secure the future of your organisation.
Delivered by two of EPF’s expert team of chartered surveyors, this is a unique learning programme offered in collaboration with the only dedicated property advice & learning charity in the UK supporting the voluntary sector.
Who should sign up?
Anyone responsible for making property decisions, trustees, CEOs.
What will I get out of it?
- Understand trustee property responsibilities and liabilities.
- Understand the different ways in which property can be held and occupied.
- Assess your options – viability vs. liability.
- Understand the property process and the information needed for informed decisions.
- Ask the right questions of staff and property professionals.
- Understand the risks and the costs involved in occupying property.
- Identify common pitfalls and easily overlooked issues that trustees need to consider.
- Structure a property strategy to fit your organisation’s aims.
- Assess how money can be saved through a clear property strategy – including VAT.
- Structure a strategy that can be easily understood by trustees, staff and funders.
- Dispose of surplus property successfully and legally under the new 2022 Charities Act.
Led by senior chartered surveyor Roger Annis MRICS, this features a PowerPoint presentation via Zoom in a Meeting format, discussion, group work and Q & A. Students receive resources, Certificate of Attendance and with the opportunity to obtain free follow-up guidance from EPF’s team of chartered surveyors.
Special early bird pricing available until Wednesday 28 February
- Band A: £180
- Band B: £270
- Band C: £360
Pricing after Wednesday 28 February
- Band A: £210
- Band B: £310
- Band C: £410
About Ethical Property Foundation (EPF)
The Ethical Property Foundation is the UK’s only dedicated property advice charity serving the voluntary sector. They were founded in 2003 with the vision of a voluntary sector which manages its premises safely and sustainably with resilience, knowledge, and confidence: referral partner to the Charity Commission for land and property advice since 2015.
Each year, EPF directly helps over 450 voluntary organisations with affordable consultancy, practical property education and guidance with thousands more enquirers supported online. They were also 2023 Finalists for the Charity Times Awards and Third Sector Awards for their innovative online property advice. Find out more here.