Publication dates and prices
These were correct at the time of uploading product details but dates may be subject to change, and we reserve the right to amend prices where necessary.
If the product you want is not in stock or has not yet been published, we will keep your order on file and process it as soon as the book becomes available (not possible for credit card orders).
If you are making an order to an EU country please contact our CS team on [email protected].
If you are outside the UK, you can order online or by phone and pay by credit card. You can also put your order in writing to the address on the order form.
We will invoice you on a pro-forma basis, with the appropriate overseas postage charge added. The books will be sent as soon as we receive payment in one of the following ways:
- Credit card using our official order form which will be sent with the pro-forma invoice
- Sterling cheque drawn on UK bank
- Sterling bank draft drawn on UK bank
Please make cheques payable to ‘Directory of Social Change’.
For overseas orders delivery times are dependent on the final destination but we are willing to give estimated timings on request.
If you need any more information about our books or on how to order, please phone DSC Books on 020 4526 5995 and our staff will be pleased to help.
Refunds and exchanges
If you would like to return a book to us, please download the Returns Authorisation Form below.
If we make a mistake with your order, or you receive a damaged book, simply photograph it to show its condition within one working day of receipt and then return it to us (with the completed returns form) and we will replace it and refund the cost of return postage.
If you are not completely satisfied with your order for any reason, or change your mind after you have received it, return it to us in saleable condition (with the completed returns form) within 14 working days and we will either credit your account or refund the full cost of the order to you. So as not to invalidate your request for an exchange, refund or credit, we advise that you protect yourself against loss or damage when returning your order by:
- photographing the pristine copy of the book(s) from all angles before returning
- using a delivery service similar to the method of the original delivery (note for all orders that we send out that weigh 1kg and over or are of £50 retail value and over we use couriers and below that level royal mail)
- using the original packaging materials where possible
- declaring the full value of the return package contents for your insurance purposes
Returns will undergo a quality check by our distributor on receipt and then refunds will be made to the person who originally placed and paid for the order. Refunds for orders not paid for by card will be made by cheque.
We hope that you will understand that since we are a voluntary organisation and need to control our costs, our policy is not to refund return postage in these circumstances.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Downloads can only be paid for by debit or credit card. This is an additional security measure as downloads are accessible immediately after the transaction is completed. We need to receive payment prior to granting access. For more information click here.
Download conditions of use
Paid for downloads are for the express use of the purchaser only.
You must not:
- Make electronic copies of the document(s) except for storage/personal use
The document can be accessed any number of times from the My Items section of My DSC
- Print or distribute copies of the document(s)
- Forward the document(s) to others
- Make the document(s) available for others to download
- Amend or edit the document(s)
- Extract sections of the document(s) for use elsewhere
Copyright of the documents resides with Directory of Social Change.
If you are not completely satisfied with your order for any reason, or change your mind after you have received it, please complete the Return form for Downloadswithin 14 working days. We will then refund the debit/credit card from which payment was taken.
In order to receive your refund, you must:
- Recover and remove all copies of the download(s)
- Dispose of any printed copies of the download(s)
- Make no further attempt to access the specific download(s) from your My Items list