5 September 2018 for immediate release
Since 1986 The Guide to Major Trusts has helped thousands of charities reach their potential by providing clear and reliable information about fundraising sources. Continuing this approach, the 16th edition lists the 1,004 of the largest grant-makers in the UK, which give away a combined total of over £5.5 billion. If we look at the 679 grant-makers which appear in this edition and the previous edition, there has been an overall increase in giving of £178.4 million.
This guide’s main aim is to help organisations raise money from grant-making charities, providing as much information as possible to locate relevant grant-makers and produce suitable applications. It also details the work of grant-making charities and shows where trusts money is going and for what purposes.
‘How very fortunate that in an ever-changing and increasingly uncertain funding environment, we can continue to rely on the veritable mine of up-to-date information contained in this guide. I first came across it over twenty-five years ago and it is as valuable now as it was then – providing clear, comprehensive information to help to navigate through this complex world and find the partners that will be right for your charity.’ Kath Abrahams, Director of Engagement and Fundraising, Diabetes UK, [from the Foreword]
An essential resource for every charity and a vital guide for fundraisers, The Guide to Major Trusts 2019/20 is the UK’s definitive aid to grant funding, providing thorough backgrounds on grant sources as well as commentary and advice on how to apply and what grant-makers are looking for.
For further information, please contact Jose Blazquez, Marketing Executive via email email@example.com or phone 020 7697 4097.
Notes to editors:
- Founded in 1974, the Directory of Social Change (DSC) is a national charity which supports an independent voluntary sector through campaigning, training and publications. DSC is the largest supplier of information and training to the voluntary sector, and its work helps tens of thousands of organisations every year achieve their aims. Learn more at dsc.org.uk
- The Guide to Major Trusts 2019/20 includes:
- Clear descriptions of grant-maker’s policies and practices
- Details of money available per application and total awarded each year
- Contact details and information on how to apply
- Clear information on who is and who is not eligible to make applications
- Full regional and subject indexes
- The Guide to Major Trusts 2019/20 is available for £110 at: https://www.dsc.org.uk/gmt